Winter


The sweet scent of hot chocolate,
The warmth of the quilt,
The coziness of the bed,
The hours of doing nothing,
The emptiness of life,
The lazy winter is beginning to start.

World,
Enveloped in a deep slumber.
Heavy, snow laden streets,
Lay untouched, lifeless.
The frozen tree skeletons,
Shudder to the gushes of bitter winds.

A pair of squirrel runs over the sill of a window pane,
And jumps into the big hole near the tree branch.
Protecting their walnuts,
Preparing for the long winter ahead.

I look down from my window,
At the stillness of the moment.
The pure white adolescence,
The flock of birds,
Flying further and further away,
Till the winter is gone again.


PS, I know its pathetic to write about winters in the middle of summers, but you know, just couldn't avoid it. :P And I'm wring after a very very very long time indeed, so err please excuse. The above post might sound stupid or kiddish. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment