Hello there lovelies,
I feel like I'm stuck in a movie scene as I sit here sipping bad airport coffee, waiting for a flight that keeps getting delayed every 20 minutes and there is a hint of Holiday spirit in the air as people sing Christmas Carols in the background mixed with noisy hustle bustle of people rushing to catch their flights. (Not my co-passengers, they gotta wait with me! *smirks*) I finally feel like I'm taking a holiday! My first real holiday! I'm en route home for four days that would (hopefully) be filled with warmth, happiness and peace.
It's been a long, long year. The kind of year that I'd look back on, my entire fucking life! Just to sum up, some real heavy highlights:
1. Graduated with flying colours (and an award) - Yes! It has been done - I'm officially a designer now. Also, the impossible dream of winning an award on the graduation day has been achieved! *happy dance*
2. Landed myself a job in a retail giant in my own onset of humble beginnings. I'm now working as a graphic designer for Amazon Fashion. Its really hard to believe because I had never imagined myself working in a boring corporate office. But its not all bad. I still have stars in my eyes.
3. Started living on my own, in a fantastically beautiful and tiny studio apartment. Even though I was kinda living on my own during graduation - but hostels are not supposed to count, right? So what if its not a penthouse with a terrace garden? Baby steps, honey. Baby steps. We'll get there one day!
4. Took a trip to Kashmir. That place, its people and its beauty is beyond words! Stayed in a house boat, travelled by Shikaras, ate Cherries right off the tree and sledged on a roughly melted old snow.
5. Took a trip to Darjeeling and Gangtok and visited the most beautiful places around those two cities. Also saw freshly snowed Tsang Mo lake and breezed past countless tea gardens!
6. Went to a music festival I've wanted to go, since forever - NH7 Weekender. Crazy hopped from stage to stage, listening to some really great music and soaked in the bask of the 'happiest' music festival.
7. Got my illustrations featured on a runway collection by Quirk Box in Lakmé India Fashion Week Spring Summer 2015.
And a lot of other stuff that made it such a fantastic year two o' fifteen!
P.S.
I wrote this in real time even though I'm posting it now that I'm back from the holiday - glad to report that I spent my four days off at home, doing nothing but eating, sleeping, catching up with family & friends, and of course, SHOPPING!
Toodles!
See you hopefully with my list of new year resolutions 2016 and not cribbing about birthday blues.
Love Always,
Ananya
2 comments:
Not a bad year, huh? :) Wishing you a happy new year in advance.
it has been a good year for you ..
Wishing you and family and everyone around you a very happy new year.. May all that you have dreamed comes true.. have a fantabulous New year
Bikram's
Post a Comment