I know I've been out of action for nearly an year and a half now, even after promising that I'd write more often. Forget about you, even I'm disappointed in myself. I know there is no reason for you to believe that this time I'd be back for sure. But still, I have undettering faith in you guys, that you'd stick around. Wishful thinking, I know. But still, you know? It's nice to have positive thoughts around.
I know I'm just blabbering. I don't even know if blogging in the 'in' thing anymore. Or if anyone still comes up and checks if I've written anything new. Or reads this at all, you know? But I'm optimist to the root.
Well, to update you in short, 2014 was amazing. I did things I had never even imagined. I travelled places - with friends, with family, alone. I spent two months living alone in a city I thought I'd never go back to - Pune. I was there for my internship at Quirk Box, designing what would be their upcoming collection for Spring-Summer'15 (keep an eye out for it, its called 'wanderlust'). I spent my last semester of college like it indeed was my last chance at fun. I spent crazy nights partying and roaming the streets of Hyderabad. And then finally landed myself at Myntra, Bangalore, for my graduation project and that's where I currently am.
I sometimes wonder if life really works out the way we plan it inside our heads. I mean I never thought I'd be where I am, doing the things I'm doing and probably be okay with it. Even enjoy it.
For example, I never wanted to get into graphic design as such. I was so stubborn about it. Avoided it at all costs. I applied for internships in every other specialisation except graphic design - but that's t where I ended up. Both the times. Every time. Extremely different fields of application. But still, at the core of it, its all graphics. Well, at least there's fashion in it to save me. But the point is, I've started wondering if this is the thing for me, you know? What if space designing or visual merchandising isn't really meant for me? And you what's creepier? I'm starting to believe in this theory.
Anyway. To the present.
We rented this cute li'l place in Bangalore - it's a 1BHK space in the middle of a market. It might sound ridiculous - but it's perfect. It makes me feel like it's my bit of 'Wake Up! Sid'. (well, don't laugh! that movie has inspired my life at various levels!)
You know how everyone wants fancy huge houses and glamorous bungalows? But this right here. This little cove. It's perfect. My cozy little space of peace and comfort in the middle of the chaos of mundane life.
You might or might not have (really?are you that daft?) noticed, the very apparent change in the name and appearance of the blog. Well, let me give you a li'l background story of this blog - I started it in 2007, when I was trapped in this disturbingly uncomfortable phase of life and needed a get away. (like everyone else?) This blog has stayed with me in my highs and lows and disappearances. 'a world of illusion' - this place right here, was my phase of life when I was still trying to find my footing in this world. It was my nest. And with 'gypsy soul', I think I'm ready to take flight.
That's all for now - I know this has been a pretty serious post all in all. But well, I had to get all this off my chest to get to the fun part. And this is one such place I know where I won't be judged or asked to shut my philosophical nonsense. 'CAUSE YOU CAN'T DO NOTHING. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE. YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ALL THIS. THIS IS MY BLOG. MUHAHAHAHA.
Okay, okay. I've kept my silence for an year and a half, for crying out loud!
Until next time,
Love,
Ananya.
2 comments:
Hello there, Beautiful...Welcome back...: )
Welcome back Ananya.. How are you doing.. its been a long long time
remember me :)
Bikram's
Post a Comment