That day..


I would never forget that day,
the day I thought of breaking free.

Breaking free of all the miseries of life,
Or rather I was running away,
Running away from life so that I don't bother.

So that I can be content that
I'm not the one who will cause a trouble to you.
I knew what you were thinking..
Why don't I just go away?
Why am I here?

I don't want to see you unhappy or troubled..
I know I'm troublesome..
I know you are fed up of me..

With all these things taking better of me
I thought I should never be a trouble to any one..
Just as a rash decision,
I thought if I end my life,
Nobody would be troubled again,
I won't bother anyone again.

There I was with blade in my hand,
With the sharp edge touching my wrist.
I started crying,
Nobody loved me,
Nobody cared whether I lived or died..

Then I returned to my senses..
Thought calmly..
I asked myself,
"Am I a coward?"
My soul replied,"Yes you are!".
This wasn't good enough an answer to cheer me up..

Never mind,
Next question I asked myself,"You know everybody hates you..but does this 'everybody' include your friends?
That moment I realised why I need to live,
Why I have to face my life..
The only true answer was "I have friends in this world that care for me"
I survived!

16th October'2007

10 comments:

Unknown said...

nice poem...suicide is definatly not the answer 2 things...n honestly speaking wethr or not u have ppl arnd u no one has the ryt 2 take a life even ur own life....cos honestly there is no one in this world who is worth ur life.....

and really if u die.....wudnt u deprive someone who hasn't yet got a chance to meet to of tht chance to proove how much he/she cares 4 u...


no one knws the future....so since u cnt do nething abt tht...u dnt have ne ryts for stoping the future tht god has in store 4 u coming into ur life...


lol...now enuf of the philosophical words... :P

must say gud job @ poetry sweety....kinda intense... :)

it sorta reminds me of thomas hardy who wrote depressing buks...but always ended his story with a ray of hope :)

cheers!!! keep gng gal.. :D

Unknown said...

oh btw this is aashi :P

Unknown said...

ana why such an intense poem!its nicely written but i wud prefer if u write sm fun filled poem!
cmon cheer up n write a beautiful poem.i'll be visting ur bloag fr sure even if m nt regular

Ananya said...

err..lost of words now...i dunno what to say to u aashi!

thanks for appreciating n motivating! :)

-------------------------------------
@vibhor
i'll surely write a fun-filled poem when i'm sincerely happy!..but what i wrote was not intentional..i can't write with intention of writing something...the words just flowed

Nothing said...

i can't say nythin more than wat aashi has commented.. life is meant to be lived. don't miss the chance to find someone who really is living only for you..

Beautifully crafted poem :) Awesome start to a blog.

Ananya said...

@fun guy..thanks :)

name please? :D

VIVEK !!! said...



oyee..never think anything like that..u should enjoy ur life!!

its good if u look at it differently!!

Anonymous said...

al u need is garfield!


hes honest...only takes up ur fridge..lives in d kitchn...n eats nythn n evrythn!

ah he makes a nice pet too...always sleeps n guards off nitemares u c ;)

btw...how bout brkin free frm scool... :P

Admin said...

well brilliant work ananya....must admire ur work....nd as i said b4, publish it dumbo :D :P

as other ppl have said, its quite intense....nd has a lot of hidden feelings and emotions attached wid it....

gr8 job u did....nd the ending was as superb nd excellent as i wud expect frm u....

can't find enuf words 2 praise nemore :P

nehow keep it going gal :D

Ananya said...

@vivek..thanks buddy..i'm trying my best of doing that :)
-------------------------------------
@amri..gimme a garfield :D :P
i hope he should make a good pet n stress buster ;) ...hehehe
-------------------------------------
@manyu..thanks dude...but i'm never gonna publish it :P

Post a Comment