There're probably too many thoughts going on in my mind right now and I wish I could just wash them away. As a certain someone would say 'you think too much, stop worrying'. Well, that is one thing I can't exactly control.
It felt stupid and weird to tell hundreds of my 'concerned' relatives that I'm doing 'nothing' currently. And even more stupid and weird to listen to all their variety of suggestions. But the point here is, I didn't exactly 'listen' to what they were telling me, something like 'ek kaan se suno, dusre se nikal do'. To make them less bothersome. You know what was more irritating? Discussion about marriages. And how a girl's life changes after that in general. Comparisons were drawn with me as an example. What I told them then was, that I won't get married. Ever.
Now, that I'm back home, mom is literally after my life to get me out of home. She keeps looking up the newspaper for any goddamn course that she might find for me in there. Yesterday, she found a culinary-based course for me in Delhi. She is quite keen on sending me for it. I kind of, DON'T want to go and study in Delhi. I don't feel like it. I wish I could go to Pune instead, you know. That place was so much better. After seeing the Delhi traffic in rains, I've built a strict aversion for that place. You don't know how it feels like when you take all wrong routes with that crawling traffic and a heavy downpour and having to sit and wait helplessly for three long hours, all at the same time. May be it's routine for people there, but I don't belong there anymore. Delhi now is just a place for me where few of the people I love, live. My attachment with that city is dying a slow death. I somehow don't feel attached to places now, is that a part of growing up? I don't know. What I know is, that I'm not as attached as I used to be. It is a good thing in many ways. When I had to leave Delhi some six years ago, I was kind of, heart-broken. I'm much better off now.
I wish I could fast-forward this one year. Really, nothing would be better than that. Nothing. May be, one or two things would be, but .. this is more important right now.
P.S. my bro is leaving for USA today, surprisingly, I miss him already! :(
7 comments:
I have gone through this 'what are you doing, where are you going' period. Thankfully, I see it ending in a couple of weeks time. Sounds cliched like hell, but however slow it may seem, time flies.
its a syndrome in us indians to BUTT into others personal things .. Tell them you are taking a gap year in Western countries its a tradition almsot all students take a gap year to go and roam around the world ..
Dont worry and dont get so tensed parents are just worried about you thats all and offcourse with all others saying all that crap ..
I would make mum - dad sit down together and ahve a word with them you will be surprsied how paretns are when told what you are thinking or planning to do .. TRY IT ...
Though i would add that its good to do something rather then nothing in time.. that can be anything ..
All the best :)
Veena, yes time flies. I seriously don't know where I'm going. I have never been this confused and fed up, EVER! :(
Bikram, I knowwwww! They think it's their birth right to advice people!
I can talk to them, but there's a problem, i don't know what am I planning to do.
Thankss :)
melodrama of our typical indian lives :/
You have been out of that city 6 years. The death of attachment is natural.
And missing ur bro part is really sad :(
Hope this phase would go away soon :)
tk care <3
melodrama of our typical indian lives :/
You have been out of that city 6 years. The death of attachment is natural.
And missing ur bro part is really sad :(
Hope this phase would go away soon :)
tk care <3
its a phase and it will pass, don't stress yourself about.
but please on marriage, it can be lifechanging don't get into anything you don't want to. its your life. take charge.
and hey times have changed, surely you can keep up with your brother thru technology:)
AD, thanks a ton babe! <3
wise donkey, well, a really long and slow phase I guess.
yep, decisions like these are way too important and crucial to be thought off in moments.
and yes, i can keep in touch with him thru net, but I can't kick him :( :P
Post a Comment