I have either lost all my older travel photographs or was too small to click them. But then again, photography isn't all about the number of places one visits, it's about making the onlooker realise the beauty of the place/moment captured in the photograph. A true photographer, in my honest opinion should have the knack of bringing out the beauty of any place he/she visits. I do not consider myself to be good at photography, but for sure, I'm passionate about it. So when Blogadda announced a contest based on photography, I just couldn't resist.
A new day.
I clicked this photograph when I went to a local temple on a li'l hill near my house. This photograph somehow captures the 'new day' spirit of a cool, breezy morning.
Over the hills and far away.
This photograph was clicked on the way to Srisailam, it's a temple city near Hyderabad. I went there very recently as a weekend get-away. I've always loved valleys and mountains, and prefer them anyday over beaches. Even though, this was not the best time to visit the place, I quite enjoyed it. Saddistic you may call it, but I love the feel and beauty of the black, barren trees, which surrounded most of the hilly winding roads.
Death sings a lullaby.
The silent, calm valley and crow on the cable wire. Looks serene. Very very serene. I fell in love with this city (Vizag, Andhra Pradesh) and with it's perfect picturesque scenery. It is a combination of both mountains and beaches. And in my opinion, far far more beautiful than Goa. Even though it was cloudy there, it was hot and sultry. But the pleasant scenery more than made up for it.
Darbar Sahib.
This can easily be the most popular and famous place of worship in India. Located in heart of the city of Amritsar, Punjab, this gurudwara surely leaves the onlooker at a loss of words at the first look. So huge and so magnificent. The carvings on the golden crown are worth taking a look too. Thousands of people from all over the world visit this gurudwara everyday. The lake surrounding the main area of worship is pretty soothing too. One can spot huge gold fishes in there too. This place is sure to watch out for at night. The lighting is just leaves you in awe.
A day in the life.
I clicked this photograph on the way back from Srisailam, and this was in river Krishna. There was a spot for boating downhill somewhere. I must say, the water there was crystal clear. There I spotted this boat, aloof in the river, all by itself, and the old man lost in his thoughts. May be he wasn't getting much customers that day.
I hope you like my selected photographs, please lt me know how they are.





17 comments:
Wow very true loved the darbar sahib it is so soothing to be there
The bird one loved that one too the first one i love holidays too wish i have loads
Wow, beautiful pictures especially I liked Darbar Sahib and New Day :).
Good luck for the contest.
You have a great selection of pictures there :).
I liked the Darbar saheb.. and last one.. its so nice !!
Bikram, thank you so much. :) yes, it's pretty peaceful in there.
Vivek, thank you. :)
Talkreviews, thank you for stopping by, :)
Beautiful images. Nice variety.
All the best.
My Travel Photos
I really love the 'a new day' pic! Nice bokeh!
Chk out my pics of The darbar sahib:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theblackflame/4489993335/
Oh and besta luck for the competiton! :P:)
And hey do u have a flickr account?
Loved the first one... Awesome close up shot of the bird.. Nice work. Good luck in the contest :)..Step by my blog to see my entries for the contest too :).. keep Blogging!!
--
RoHiT
dial-a-denial.blogspot.com
I loved the 5th pic :)
Gud luck!
Awesome collection! Simply loved the one of the Golden temple. Good luck.
Shruti, Tejas,Rajesh, Rohit, Swaram, AD, Thank you so very much! :D
Tejas, yes I do have a flickr account, but I don't really update it so often. I also have a photoblog, which you can find in links on the right side of this blog. :P
I just sooooo.. love them yaar! the bird one and the boat... mind blowing xD
u go girl \m/
bird bokeh bokeh bird bokehhhhhhhh! xD
Loved 'Afloat Serenity'
\m/
My photoblog :
http://ginger-cake.blogspot.com/
Lovely clicks Ananya...simply beautiful...loved the first one. Death sings a lullaby is lovely too. Infact, I love all of them! :)
Thank you sooo much everybody, thank you for all the appreciation. Really means a lot. :)
Post a Comment