Change is the only constant.

It's been ages since I last posted in here.
I had been on a vacation. A reallyyy long 8-day vacation, 1200kms+ on road long vacation.
What was awesome-er was that while coming back to Hyderabad, the car was flying at 120kmph and I was high. Like high HIGH, minus the drugs. Even after my iPod and phone decided to go dead, I was happy. Smiling retarded-ly like I was stoned or something. :/

Coming back, I basically went to Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty.
Ooty was fucking coldddd at night. So cold, that you feel like you're naked in the freezing cold, even when you're under a really heavy blanket, fully-clothed.

The place where we stayed overnight, before reaching Bangalore, Puttaparthy, was awesomely annoying. The hotel or lodge or whatever-it-was, was in the middle of the market, the temple and the bus stand. It was SO goddamn noisy! ALL night! So much for it being a religious city. Isn't it supposed to be peaceful? -_-

Bangalore. I have mixed feelings for that city. It looked very laid-back kind of place. I expected it too be all bustling with tech-savvy people and high buildings and all that. But I didn't see that. The buildings had a very English feel to it. Well, many of them did. I haven't seen the whole city basically. So, I don't know much. It looked very Delhi-like, when I expected it to be a mix of Bombay and Hyderabad. :P
The evening traffic was horrible BTW. May be 'cause my cam had gone bad and I was desperately looking out for places to get it repaired. :/

Next day morning, we left for Mysore. Now this city, has manyyyyy straight roads. And palace-like buildings. And the Mysore Palace was ROYAL! I mean, seriously. I wish I could have parts of those interiors. And the Brindavan Gardens were pretty as well, with the fountains and lights and all.

On the way to Ooty, we decided to stay in the wildlife reserve area. A cottage, in the middle of the jungle (Exaggeration alert). Where the network ceased to exist and I died a little on that discovery. What was worse was that my cam got spoiled big time, just 2 days before I reached there. That is, in Bangalore.
It.just.stopped.working!
Just like that. Without any reason.
And I was depressed for full 2 days. I wished I had a good camera with me. I had to suffice with a 20year-old film camera and my sucky mobile phone camera.
One good thing about road trips is that, you get to see awesome side-views and you can't be sad for too long.
The last time I had gone to Ooty, it was almost 15years back.

And, I forgot to mention, I had one of the yummiest pizzas over there. Which was an extremely pleasant surprise.
Also, I'm so sick of the South Indian food that I'm probably not gonna eat anything related to that genre of food for at least a month.
We stayed in Ooty for 2days, and then left for Bangalore. And then for Hyderabad, the next day.

Now, barely 15days are left for the NID exam and I don't even have my hall ticket yet. And neither do I know where the exam centre would be. Also, I'm unprepared.
Basically, I'm to be in full-on exam mode till the NIFT exam gets over. That's in mid Feb.
Surprisingly, I feel very happy about it. Happy about having to study.
Is that me?

May be it's true. May be, change is the only constant.

Photus:
(Couldn't be bothered enough to process them, which is very unlike me.)
Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Bangalore

The Mysore Palace, Mysore

Baby elephant. Up, close, and personal.
Brindavan Gardens, Mysore

The cottage, Madumalai Forest

The river that went through that forest.

Dead tree and overcast sky.

What more do you need? When there's an elephant in front of your room.

On the way to Ooty

Ooty lake.

Botanical garden, Ooty

On the way to Conoor

Tea garden, Conoor
Someplace above clouds

With the skies so blue.

7 comments:

AS said...

Good pictures, nice post.

Bikram said...

Lovely pics makes me want to have a trip like that of my own.. Reminds me when me and my cousin drove from chandigarh to Ahmedabad in gujarat... 3 days of driving ... it was great .. sad point did not have a camera then...

you had fun excellent and all the best for the exam...

Vighnesh said...

You're really skilled with a camera! :O
Fantastic, woman!

DiDo said...

Loved the pictures ananya...especially the second last one ;)

and all the best for ur exams

Ananya said...

AS, thank you :)

Bikram, Wow! Would've been awesome :D Thank you!

Vighnesh, whythankyou. :)

Dido, haha! I know, it was so awesome seeing clouds like that. I wish I could step on them :P
And thank you :)

Destiny's child... said...

The last pic is just wow! And what a nice break :) Btw, who was the girl who was crazy about December and winter? Didn't she like the winter in Ooty? ;)

Ananya said...

Thank you! :D
And I absolutely lurrrrved the chill in Ooty! :D

Post a Comment