not written by me, its by Rohini.. I found it simply wow! spell-bound by the magic of its words..
I lay here
My head pounding…
This is not my finest hour.
I lay here
feel the pain no man will ever feel in his
entire life…
And this headache feels like there’s a little crazy man
trapped in my skull
and he’s running frantically around
trying to get out
and he’s bouncing
bouncing
bouncing off the walls
of his bony prison
And I just feel so so miserable.
It’s not just the pain.
I feel like crying
I feel like untwisting whatever’s
feeling all weird and wrung out in me.
And all I want is for you to hold me,
For you to make me forget the pain.
But I don’t know how to tell you that,
when the only words I can say comes out in a scream
and the only thing I can do writhe here
and wait for the meds to kick in
or for merciful sleep to claim me.
And you stand there
with this bloody look of concern
wondering what you can do to help
and you everything else but that which I need
As you fumble trying to get the right
sugar to coffee ratio,
And to get the perfect temperature,
I lay here feeling like I am going mad.
And I just want to tell you to leave it
Leave it
Leave it please…
Just come and lay beside me
Let me feel your warmth.
But I can’t say that.
I don’t have the words,
That ability is blocked by the pain.
The little man has started running faster…
And the vice surrounding my stomach region has tightened…
The tears are forced to my eyes
And I know you don’t understand
although you are trying so hard.
I see the concern on your face…
And it annoys the hell out of me
because I am touched by it.
Stop thinking so much
Stop trying to figure this out
Stop trying to make me feel better
Just be you
So I grit my teeth…
To stop the venom which seeks escape
To hold the pained sobs in
But this means
I can’t tell u I need you.
And you don’t seem to know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment