How is your life today?

Monday post time.
Like, finally.
After a hideously long gap of errm.. 5 weeks?
To people who know nothing about this blog ritual, (Yes, I'm very prone to exaggeration.) it's about 25 points about nothing in particular.
I know it's very late in the night and all. But it's still Monday, right?
Right.
So, yeah.

1. I have this very irritating itch in my throat. And cough too. Which worsened AFTER I took cough syrup. How awesome.

2. Weeks are going by too fast. Days are going by too slow. And me, I feel like I'm living in some kind of void. Detached, ignorant, lazy and everything on those lines.

3. Holi is a particularly retarded festival. People take pride in being indecisively high colourful monster look-a-likes. And their passion for converting other people to be one them. And I always find something very fishy about people buying eggs on this day.

4. I haven't played Holi since I left Delhi. I don't really think that I ever can, now.

5. I watch a lot of TV these days. A part of my alter ego tells me that I could actually be compensating for all the TV I did not watch for past 3-4 years. And I'd like to conclude that Dexter on Star World is getting raped by the Indian censor board. I wonder what tactics are they gonna play for all the nudity shown in Season 2.

6. I sometimes feel stupid for watching Dexter on TV. Especially if my mom is sitting in the same room. :/ It gets pretty awkward at times, y'know.

7. And I've been watching a lot of Koffee with Karan. It's pretty entertaining at times with all the bitching that these people do.

8. And I still have to watch Almost Famous. Procrastination is taking better of me. Need to get a hang on it.

9. I promise I'll finish Stephen King's The Stand before 2011 ends if not more. ^^;

10. I went to this so called 'Snow World' yesterday. It's the third time I went to some place like this. Basically, it's like a room filled with snow where the temperature is supposed to be around 0 to -5 degree Celsius. But yesterday, I didn't feel the intensity of the coldness. I wandered around without putting on the pathetic gloves that they give. It might have something to do with me getting drenched with sweat out in the sun before.

11. There are these awesomely beautiful dragon flies here. One that I saw was of turquoise blue with golden-bronze rings. I almost thought it to be some kind of a artificial jeweled creature. I stood looking at it for around 5 minutes. And it didn't even move. But I was too scared to touch it. My usual reaction to insects is somewhat on the lines of "EEEWWWW!", "GET OFF ME YOU @#$#$@!!" "DON'T YOU DARE COME NEAR ME!(where I'm usually pointing anything that is there in my hand towards it.)" etc.

12. I miss my camera at times like these. Wretched thing had to get spoiled! >.<

13. I made a card for my dad on his birthday. For the first time ever. I'd like to believe that he liked it.
This thing here:



I used an OHP sheet and glass paints. I think it looks decent after the disasters I made in the 8th std., when I first tried it. You know, forced art and craft submission stuff.

14. I'm getting addicted to bubble gum these days. Need to get rid of it. It almost makes me want to believe that it's drugged. Though I hope it's not. :/ It's not, right?

15. I downloaded Ali Zafar's old albums. Masty and Huqa Pani. Brought back memories. School memories. Days of mindless wanderings in Pune while cycling memories. Staying up awake the whole night during 10th std boards memories. :) Happens to me whenever I listen to Jal or Atif Aslam or Ali Zafar or Shehzad Roy or Lucky Ali a lot.

16. Also I'm like stuck on Johann Strauss' 'On the Beautiful Blue Danube'. The song that has been shamelessly copied in the new advertisement of 'Melody'. That ad in which people's head explode into chocolate fountains. *shrugs*

17. These days Ads on TV are more creative than the daily soaps. Well, most of them.

18. I was gonna say something. But I forgot. Happens with me all the time.

19. I find speaking on the phone very very annoying. Speaking face to face is a lot better than that. At least I don't have to force expressions into the speech. And can get away for not speaking.

20. NID and NIFT should be announcing results already. Do it. Just friggin' do it.

21. I wonder where the wind keeps on blowing from in these stupid daily soap. The heroin's hair can never be still. They need to be flowing in the wind. Always. Also, why in a married couple, the guy always wants a baby girl and the girl, a baby boy. And many such weird stuff.

22. And so I go on to prove how MUCH mindless TV I watch these days.

23. I can rather be watching 24 seasons on my PC. But I'm too lazy to put them on, y'know. Too much work. Sitting in front of the TV is so much easier.

24. Thought of April makes me happy. And then, in the same moment, the thought of results and the decision of staying pessimistic makes me indifferent. I think it's all for the good.

25. Aarghh! Someone teach me to be pessimistic? :\

Okay bye.

15 comments:

Tripthi Battapadi said...

Ah.
I agree to that part about Holi.
I havent played since last five years or so. :|

I have just stopped watching T.V. :|
I just watch ads.

I am addicted to gum too. :|


^ That card. Awesome.

And..I was going to say something. I forgot too.
Happens with me. ALL THE TIME. :|


Adios.
:)

SK said...

Wow, this is some tradition. So many interesting points...

I love holi, and every time I'm not playing it, I get a weird feeling about how people do it. And just when I enter, all the questions get answered. Most of the indian festivals are mad, but you miss those madness once you move out.

TV in India is really stupid, and they do not cater to our whole generation at all. Except a few sports channel and music channels.

Ads in India are really creative, and truly world class...I just hope TV serials also lift their standards soon...

24...heard so much about it, and yet to start...hopefully this month...or next...

BluestGreen said...

That's not Melody, that's Eclairs :P

Bikram said...

Havenot played holi for a long time now ... miss playing it I guess jsut the thought of beign with friends and masti ..

and yepp too much tv i can ahrdly sit for 5 minutes watching stupid hindi serials

the card looks beatuiful

Take care

★Stolen Halo said...

Random ramble ramble random ramble ramble :P
I hate phones. Yes. I am human. But I hate phones.
Yet, I have one thrown somewhere in my room.

*orange plum* said...

How can you not like Holi?? :O :O :O :O
And chewing gums contain addictive substances. I talk from experience alone.
All the best for the result :) Break a leg.

Love

*orange plum* said...

Also, pessimism is eaaassssyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*orange plum* said...

Oh! And phones suck!

Sadhana. said...

Welcome back to Monday Ramblings! I enjoyed this post quite a lot! : )

Ananya said...

The Blue Periwinkle, haha. Just the same. Just the same.
And thank you. :)

Calvin, yes I know. Mad tradition.
And about the festivals, well I dunno. I don't really miss celebrating them.
And 24 is quite good. :) long, but awesome.

Riya, Aah. The confusion. :P but yeah, after I saw the ad again today, I was like damn!

Bikram, hehe. Thank you. :)

Stolen Halo, Yes yes. Random ramble. :D
It's good to hate phones altogether only I guess.

Orange plum, The same way I don't like any other festival. :D
About chewing gums, I haven't had even a single one today. And I so badly want to. -.-
Pessimism doesn't very naturally to me. I wonder why.
Phones suck, especially if one has a bloody useless network and a dabba phone.

Sadhana, I'm glad. :)

*orange plum* said...

Nooo... I would KILL to have useless network. Phones suck when the bastard thing wont stop buzzing every two minutes.
Tiriingggg

DiDo said...

I just love ur random posts.. always makes me smile...:)

Ali zafar is too good ...jal..lucky ali..strings... they make awesome music.. i superlykk them :D

Tht card is super... dint i tell u tht ur just too good :)

Keep rocking..!!!

Ananya said...

Orange plum, Hahah. Aww. I'm not that lucky in that case. And you can take my network. Completely useless. :)

Dido, hehe. Thank you. :)

Ire said...

Mondays are generally moandays. Interesting ramblings though...

Ananya said...

Every day of the week is just the same for me.
And thanks. Glad that you found them interesting. :)

Post a Comment