I spend hours doing it, if it gets obnoxiously messed up. It's almost like some OCD.
I even have my mails and friend list of facebook sorted! :/
I was cleaning and organizing stuff in my room today. For around 3-4 hours, without even realizing the time. Only that my feet were starting to hurt standing up through all that time.
I stock up many things which should've probably been thrown into the junk ages back. Stuff like school ID cards, lots and lots of stationery, greeting cards which are probably as old as I am and much more.
Each and every card that anyone ever gave to me or will give me, I would most likely save and cherish it my whole life. I don't know why they mean so much to me. I don't think people even remember giving them or expect me to still have them.
Yes, I'm an emotional jerk like that.
Whenever I stumble upon them, I read each one over.
And my old diaries. I usually keep them out of sight. But whenever I happen to lay my hands on one of them, I end up reading all of it and feeling funny and weird.
I'm gonna make sure nobody EVER gets to read them. Or even if anyone happens to read it, they shouldn't tell me about it. 'cause well, umm. *cough* I'd blush to death.
' Tumhe aise kitne din yaad hai Roy, Your first job, pehla suit, pehli salary? Jab tumne ek ladki ko pehli baar chooa, pehli baar chooma? Jab pehli baar tumhara dil dhadka. 30 saal ki Zindagi mein aise kitne din hain jo tumhe yaad hain - 1, 2, 3 , 5 , 10 , 15, 30… 30 din hain na? 30 saal ki zindagi aur bas 30 din... baaki ke dino ka kya hua Roy?'
Even though I'm not much into cheesy Bollywood dialogues, this one from Bluffmaster stays with me. It struck some chord deep inside my heart. Adds some meaning to life. It's better than 'Hasso gaao muskarao. Kya pata, kal ho naa ho.'
Plus, I have all these days noted down. Well, most of them. Starting year 14 of my life.
Days have been quite boring and full of nothingness off lately. Again, I mean. They've been full of boredom and nothingness pretty much starting from September 2010. But last month wasn't too bad. The coming months wouldn't be bad either. I know they won't be.
April would be full of messy craft work, messy room, bleeding hands and lots of fun.
May, well. I don't know what May would be like. I don't know where I'd be. So, that's all good.
June. June is going to be awesome. It HAS to be. I'll be going to Pune as well as Delhi.
July would be full of excitement and hype for the beginning of a new life. The college life.
So y'know. I pretty much can't wait.
This is the least optimism that I can ever show. I've been trying and trying and trying to be a pessimist with the above mentioned future plans of mine.
But I NEED something to live! >.<
'Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying.'
Days have been quite boring and full of nothingness off lately. Again, I mean. They've been full of boredom and nothingness pretty much starting from September 2010. But last month wasn't too bad. The coming months wouldn't be bad either. I know they won't be.
April would be full of messy craft work, messy room, bleeding hands and lots of fun.
May, well. I don't know what May would be like. I don't know where I'd be. So, that's all good.
June. June is going to be awesome. It HAS to be. I'll be going to Pune as well as Delhi.
July would be full of excitement and hype for the beginning of a new life. The college life.
So y'know. I pretty much can't wait.
This is the least optimism that I can ever show. I've been trying and trying and trying to be a pessimist with the above mentioned future plans of mine.
But I NEED something to live! >.<
'Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying.'
<3
14 comments:
Oh my. I'm not an organised freak but I have so many things stored up that ppl gave me. And some are so silly. so funny. so sweet.
Never fails to make me smile. :)
I like my stuff organised too...But I dont like to do them. Usually, people surrounding me eventually get frustrated and do it themselves. :D
The diary and the greeting cards...!!
<3
Good luck with all your exciting plans!
Optimism is good.
:)
Oh my God.
I have OCD. I know what you mean.
I love 'Haso Gaao Muskuraao. Kya pata kal ho na ho'. No one has said truer words.
The Bluffmaster dialogue was also good. And it makes sense.
I know what you mean about the whole greeting card thing. I have a drawer devoted to them.
Hah. Turns out we're more similar than I thought.
Brilliantly well written post.
:)
Just stumbled here from somewhere, and really well written post (in fact most of the posts). And that dialogue is surely a cracker, need to remember it as well.
And am not sure my count would go to 30 :)
hey Ananya...just to let u knw. it's not only u who saves cards. I've done that too..all these years. Also..in the 'clutter' one creates..those moments of 'finding' some thing like your old diaries and reading them only creates an environment perhaps to let us know that all is not lost and there are still some things which stay with us!! tkcr!!:)
Shreya, hehe. They never fail to make me smile too! :)
The Blue Periwinkle, my mum does it for me all the time. If not, she keeps shouting at me to do it. :P
Thanks. Optimism isn't too good though. :)
Calvin, thank you :) I'm sure that your count would go above 30. :D
Thanks for stopping by. :)
Aakriti, I just meant to say that not everybody saves them. I know way too many people who just toss them into the dustbin after reading once.
And whatever you said, is SO true! :)
Isha, Similar in a few things I guess. :D
And thank you so much!
And I'm really sorry for having forgotten to reply to you before! :$
Greeting cards....diaries....with bollywood dialogues written in them lolll...Same pinch girl... I even have filmy postcards...songsss and pictures in some of those doaries... But itss still the most precious and mnost cherished thingss....I still have them with me :P I guess its okayy to be silly sometimes..!!!
I need to learn from you, though i have a few letters and cards and fotos ..
but what you have done is awesome I need to start doing this
Bikram's
Shredivz, hehe. True that! :D
Bikram, you need to learn what from me?
What I do is a purely a jobless thing to do.
:P
No offence to anyone.
plz organise my room too :D and its good u keep all d cards...i really wish i get to read those diaries and i promise i will not tell u..and enjoy d last moments of being a pessimst becoz soon u will have nothing to b pessimistic abt :)
YAY! I'm not the only one who does this! HUZZAH!
I love the same dialogue from the movie, it is the universal truth, really.
Ajay, lol. That organizing OCD is with respect to things that belong to me ONLY. :P And no, nobody can read them.
And about the pessimistic thing, I hope so. :)
Eeshie, Glad to know. :D
Bloody Mary, It feels like it is. :)
Post a Comment