Errm.
I had an idle birthday this year (I mean 2009) - quiet and peaceful. I felt special, cared for and made to realize that I matter. (I'm still angry with a few people for various few reasons, but its ok.) My closest friend from college came home, and the two of us practically did nothing the whole day, except that I got a really awesome cake facial. :| Had a really nice start to the day, I slept at 11'o clock the previous night, which is way too unusual as I always tend to sleep after 2am almost everyday. And my best friend woke me up at 23.55. I didn't expect him to call, but heck. Perfect timing, and as I would say, a perfect start to the so-called birthday. I got so many unexpected calls and wishes this time, since I removed my birth-date from all my social networking sites and didn't expect anyone to remember. So yeah, it was good. And the BEST part, I don't feel like a grown up still. :D So much for the drama. hehe
My music playlist has undergone a 'drastic' change. I've been listening to a lot of Dream Theater, Blackstratblues, John Pettruci, Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Western Classical these days. Love every bit of it.
My top 10 favorites as of now:
1. Glasgow Kiss - John Petrucci (This man is GOD. Seriously the best guitarist I've heard till date. His solos are to die for.)
2. A change of seasons - Dream Theater (The epicest song ever. Its a 23mins+ track, and makes me go high everytime I listen to it. And the best part is, you don't actually realize that the song is all that long.)
3. Lazarus - Porcupine Tree (Its a soothing song, and very 'singable'.)
4. Another sun - Blackstratblues (One-man band by an Indian artist - Warren Mendonsa. His music sounds honest and pure and takes you to another world.)
5. A weekend with you - Blackstratblues (It is one of the most romantic songs I've heard. Makes me smile every time I listen to it.)
6. The rain song - Led Zeppelin (My fav Led Zep song ever.)
7. Strawberry fields forever - The Beatles (One of the trippiest Beatles song. :D)
8. Fur elise - Beethoven (Its a romantic masterpiece. Needs no description what-so-ever.)
9. June-Barcarolle from the Seasons - Tchaikvosky (Its a piano symphony, and its freaking awesome.)
10. Windowpane - Opeth (The song is so damn soothing. Really.)
11. The cat and the fiddle - Blackstratblues (I had to add this, its such a fun song. :D)
I think I'm done for now, I better go and sketch something. :D
Seeya
6 comments:
So that's how the dreaded turned out to be. Nice and peaceful. What more could you ask for? I wish you many more musical birthdays...:)
Innocence caressing me, I've never felt so young before.
There was so much life in me, still I long to search for more! :D
IT'S JOHN PETRUCCI NOT JOHN PETTRUCI. :/
^Absent mindedness does that to me :( :'(
@Veena, hehe. Nothing more. Thanks :D
I absolutely love Fur Elise by Beethoven. Thank you!
Try listyening Vodoo Child BY hendrix! If there's one god! I'm sure You'll not have any doubts about that! :)
^^Will try it some time :P
@amishra, you listened to it after reading this list? coolness :)
Post a Comment