Earliest memory of Delhi (age 3) :
I remember wandering out of the house to find some sorta play school which my mum kept talking about putting me into. It was in the same society, but I could never find it and later was brought back home by some lady who knew who the baby belonged to. :D
Earliest memory of Pune (age 13) :
I remember being all excited. My first impression of Pune was, balconies with closed grills. Every damn balcony looked like a jail. And the weather, cloudy for straight 2 months. And school, weird uniform and weird people, with lots and lots of groups, who were not interested in making new friends. My class teacher tried very hard to force people to befriend me. And i remember telling my mum that I don't want to be friends with anyone in the school. :)
Earliest memory of Hyderabad (age 16) :
I was very genuinely looking forward to getting out of Pune, to start a new life. All over again, and to not screw it up this time. When we got off the plane, the airport was awesome. The road had hills around it, and it felt great at night time. And I also remember not finding any darn decent co-ed college. And most importantly, no college that offered arts as a continuing subject.
I remember wandering out of the house to find some sorta play school which my mum kept talking about putting me into. It was in the same society, but I could never find it and later was brought back home by some lady who knew who the baby belonged to. :D
Earliest memory of Pune (age 13) :
I remember being all excited. My first impression of Pune was, balconies with closed grills. Every damn balcony looked like a jail. And the weather, cloudy for straight 2 months. And school, weird uniform and weird people, with lots and lots of groups, who were not interested in making new friends. My class teacher tried very hard to force people to befriend me. And i remember telling my mum that I don't want to be friends with anyone in the school. :)
Earliest memory of Hyderabad (age 16) :
I was very genuinely looking forward to getting out of Pune, to start a new life. All over again, and to not screw it up this time. When we got off the plane, the airport was awesome. The road had hills around it, and it felt great at night time. And I also remember not finding any darn decent co-ed college. And most importantly, no college that offered arts as a continuing subject.
3 comments:
i dont like pune either :P
everytime i go to pune i'm welcomed by trafficcccc jams...pollution...and bikesss everywhere... i somehow neva got connected to tht city.
I love the first memory. Baby's day out! :D
Dido, I know. Pune's traffic is HORRIBLE! But I like Pune now. :)
Veena, hehe :D
Post a Comment